Thursday, June 24, 2010

Never Want To Talk To You Again

As I got off of the Public Bus at the local shopping center I knew the night was gonna be a good night (mosseltov!). Just seconds after getting off the bus, the president of the kickball league had my car waiting for me and chouffered me to the bar making the $68 I paid for the league seem like $66. But the bus cost $2 so back to $68.

I had a few beers at the bar and it was comforting to see that the bartender girl remembered me and the fact that I order Michelob Ultras. I should probably explain to her that I am ordering those to support my company and not cuz I'm a huge P***y, which im not. And no offense to (insert girl's name here) who also orders Michelob Ultras and is not a huge P***y either, but from what her boyfriend says she has a...nevermind.

So we all carpooled from the bar to the field. It took about 30 minutes to get to the fields and we barely made it. But soon the new season was underway. Ten seconds into the season it was already 11-0. I recall people were kicking the ball and running around the bases. I think I played for like 4 minutes. Let's call that $8.50 ($68/8 games?). I decided to try out my "introduce yourself to every girl who bats" idea, but it didn't last long. I think I did that to the 1st batter and never again. (didn't someone tell me kickball girls are hot?)

After a victory we headed back to the bar to hang out. I told Natalie that she was a top 5 girl in the league looks-wise and some other great compliments. However I got the same reaction I would have gotten if I said she was in the bottom 5. I guess I will never win her heart. I tried to meet some of the other team's players (girls) but I was already a drunken mess.

Just when I thought the night was over I ran into some of my friends from the end of last season. The girl that I talked to for about 3 straight hours at last years end of season party was there, and she came up to me. I thought the night was going to get good, but then she said the following. "Hi. My name is..." Dagger. That time at that end of season party, I thought we were soul mates. Apparantly not. It was like the movie Groundhog Day, except less funny and more heartbreaking.

So fastforward a little and I'm in a car with 4 girls from another team. I have been promised that I can sleep on someones couch and that we were headed there now. However next time I looked up we were at a different bar (I didn't even know this town had 2 bars). This is where the night gets really blurry as at one point I could have sworn I was in an elevator.

The vibe from the girls quickly went from "you can crash on our couch" to "who invited this guy" and soon enough I was standing outside 7-11 wondering how I was gonna get home. That is when my brother pulled up. I must have called him? and he dropped me off at home, and since I took the bus my car was waiting for me.

This morning I see that I texted a girl saying "never want to talk to you again" so I have that to deal with this morning. Hopefully during the kickball season I will meet the next girl that I text "never want to talk to you again". Anyways great times!

No comments:

Post a Comment