Friday, September 20, 2013

The Craziest Bar Tab I've Ever Had

It was the end of the night.  The bar was just about empty and I needed to be anywhere but near more beers.  I went up to the bartender and asked to close out my tab.  She handed me the receipt and I looked down at the amount spent...

WHAT?

I shook my head like a surprised cartoon character.  The only thing I could do was look up and glare at the bartender.  She gave me the head tilt, palms up, "i dunno what to tell ya" pose.  But I just...it couldn't be right.

The previous week I set a record.  I went to the bar 4 nights in 5 days.  During that time I racked up bar tabs totaling well over $300.  But nothing could explain what happened this particular night.

The stare-down wasn't giving me the information I desired, so I pleaded with her.  "Are you sure this is right?  I really don't believe it"

She assured me it was correct and I just shook my head.

As I headed home I just couldn't stop thinking about that damn bar tab.  I wanted to...no...I needed to...know how it happened.

Earlier in the night I remember eating endless shrimp, I remember kicking a red ball, I remember girls wearing fox costumes, I remember the Cupid Shuffle playing 40 times...but I couldn't remember how I ended up with the bar tab.

After sitting in my bed depressed and pondering it for hours I decided that I had to let it be.  It was taking over my head and it needed to stop.  I calmed down, took a deep breath, and decided to do the only thing I could do.  I'd just pay off the $18.43 the next time my credit card bill was due....

Sorry bartenders, I'll try harder next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment